Sunday, September 21, 2008

Augh!

Okay, so I leave the country in four days. I'm not panicking, no, not at all. Me, panic? There's actually not much to panic about - I have all my paperwork (even an officially translated birth certificate, because apparently just looking up the words "father" and "mother" in an English/French dictionary will not suffice... oh, the French) and a flight out of Boston and a train ticket from Paris to Rouen and everything. Also, I was informed about two weeks ago that my school is actually providing housing for me (I thought I was going to have to stay in a youth hostel while apartment-hunting) and that this housing will only cost me €200 for the entire year! Apparently I will be living in "un grand appartement" with a Russian girl and a British girl, both language assistants. It'll be like a mini auberge espagnole (if you haven't seen the movie, watch it) and I'll be interested to see what the common language is. So since that major worry has disappeared, I have much more time to worry about fitting everything I want to take into two bags weighing less than 50 pounds each... I have a lot of clothing. I like most of my clothing. I do not want to leave this clothing behind. The sorting process is always painful, especially since my favorite huge wool coat weighs nearly 6 pounds all by itself. Ah well, I suppose this is a good problem to have.

My next post will be from la belle France herself - à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment