- You've developed an inability to complete even the shortest sentence, in French or in English, without at least two, and depressingly often all, of the following words: bah, quoi, or euh. (Bah oui! C'est la France, quoi.)
- Paying 4€ per load for laundry seems quite reasonable.
- Life without bakeries every 10 meters is not only meaningless but impossible.
- These sentences make perfect sense and are perfectly grammatical: "I have a lot of envy to see that movie!" "I have horror of students who chat during the entire class." "I have du mal speaking English now."
- You've started to add up your purchases in your head in a store so you can give exact change at the till.
- You say "Chut!" instead of "Shhhh!" even when you're speaking English.
The Rest of the D.R.
6 years ago